Saturday, May 16, 2009

Poor Baby

Doesn't she look sick?

So Sadie has been doing pretty well since we got back into Rexburg. She has had a lot of fun meeting new friends and getting to play with them at least 3 times a week. She has never really been sick, except for a cold 2 months ago. Last night she was fine when she went to bed, two hours later she was up crying. I new she was really restless because I could hear her moving around a lot and crying sporadically. As the night wore on she got worse and worse, and at 7 this morning I got up to put her in bed with me. She was burning up, I mean her whole body was on fire, but all she wanted to do was sleep. So the day wore on and she was doing okay, just coughing and a very runny nose. She was very happy so I didn't think too much of it. Then nap time came. She wouldn't let me put her down and half way after 20 minutes of sleeping on me she woke up crying to hard. Nothing I did would calm her down, she didn't even eat her cracker she just held it. I started to get really worried, I thought she might have pink eye and bad cold so I took her to the community care on main street. I was not prepared for what I was told. My poor sweet little one's ears are both infected. No wonder she was so upset. I have been waiting for this to happen since I had a lot of ear infections when I was little but it was still unexpected. She is doing a little better now, after getting a new toy and some better medicine. I just wonder how she is going to sleep tonight. I am just glad we have her infant car seat, it helps a lot when she needs to sleep sitting up. If anyone has any advice on how to help a baby with ear infections let me know, I could use any and all help.
And in happier news she is getting really good at walking. This is from today after the doctors visit. Don't mind the mess behind her we are still moving in and trying to get rid of some of our old clothes. Sorry it is not high def. : )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i suggest lots of baby ibuprofen, tylonol never worked for payton. someone told me to warm some rubbing alcohol and put it into his ears but i just cant bring myself to do that yet.

Mary Mathews said...

Poor little Sadie! I hope she gets feeling better. I dont have any advice for you. Sorry. On another note she keeps walking so good!