Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sadie

I'd like to start this post with a picture of Sadie that my brother painted. I took the picture to do a portrait in oil pastel myself, and then my brother called looking for a picture of her. This picture was perfect for the prompt he was given in his class. My brother Brian is a fairly new member of the art community. He started painting about a year ago, if not a little longer. He shows great promise, and I just really liked how he captured my little Sadie in this painting so I thought I'd share it.


Next I would like to thank the Buie family for this awesome idea. Sadie had a lot of fun making these butterfly wings, although she was a little disappointed that she couldn't actually fly.

She was so excited to make her wings that we ended up making them before getting ready for the day, hence the pj's and her messy hair.



Yes she has marker and chocolate from a granola bar on her face,
but I still think she is a cutie pie.

And then I left the room for a few minutes and I came back to this. This is what happens when I bring markers into the house, and why Sadie usually only has crayons. Don't worry she isn't mad, just chewing a pretzel.

Oh how I love my little Sadie. She is getting too big already, and it makes me sad thinking of the day when she'll be old enough to leave and start her own family. I just hope she stays her sweet self, and that I can teach her everything she'll need to know.

4 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I found your blog! I love the wings. Emree would seriously love a project like that. I wish I was artsy and that I could pass such an amazing talent on to her. Miss you guys!

Gena said...

I'm so glad you made the wings, and yours are such a fancy shape. Of course! She's getting so big!! And your little Eloise sounds like such a sweetie pie. I still love to read your updates, even though I'm horrible at commenting. :)

derek and michelle said...

She is soo grown up! I will have to do the wings with ky, she would love it!

Mary Mathews said...

AMAZING!